Fall Internship 2013 - Desktop Support Job
Fall Internship 2013 - Desktop Support
Location: RI - Pawtucket
Employment Type: Intern
Location: 200 Narragansett Park Drive, Pawtucket RI 02862
Department: Client Computing
Job Duration: Fall Internship
Hours: 15 hours per week
Reporting to the Desktop Supervisor, this position is responsible for the installation and maintenance of personal computers, operating systems, peripherals, and the installation of software packages for the Windows and Macintosh environment.
- Responsible for the installation and maintenance of personal computers, operating systems, peripherals, and the installation of software.
- Provides technical assistance, support, problem determination and resolution, and participates in system user training.
- Participates in inter-departmental IT projects and assists in evaluation of hardware/software vendors.
- Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and judgment.
Skills / Qualifications:
- The qualified candidate will have a minimum of two years of computer experience in a networked environment, experience in installation/maintenance of personal computer hardware and software.
- A minimum of an Associate's Degree and/or equivalent.
- Highly developed problem resolution skills with the ability to handle first-of-a-kind situations, work independently, and interact successfully with clients.
- Must have strong written and oral skills, along with strong customer service skills. Customer Service training is preferred.
- Must be able to work in a process-oriented environment. Being able to prioritize daily tasks and coping with unscheduled tasks is a must.
Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company dedicated to fulfilling the fundamental need for play for children and families through creative expression of the Company’s world class brand portfolio, including TRANSFORMERS, MONOPOLY, PLAY-DOH, MY LITTLE PONY, MAGIC: THE GATHERING, NERF, LITTLEST PET SHOP and G.I. JOE. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, digital gaming and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its global customers with innovative play and entertainment experiences, in a variety of forms and formats, anytime and anywhere. The Company's Hasbro Studios develops and produces television programming for more than 170 markets around the world, and for the U.S. on The Hub TV Network, part of a multi-platform joint venture between Hasbro and Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK). Through the company's deep commitment to corporate social responsibility, including philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to build a safe and sustainable world for future generations and to positively impact the lives of millions of children and families every year. It has been recognized for its efforts by being named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" and is ranked as one of Corporate Responsibility Magazine's "100 Best Corporate Citizens." Learn more at www.hasbro.com.
© 2013 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
J2W Posting Code: Internships
Business Unit: Corporate
Nearest Major Market: Providence
Nearest Secondary Market: Rhode Island
Job Segments: Social Media, TV, CSR, Technical Support, Marketing, Creative, Management, Technology