Accounting Intern needed for busy non-profit legal services office in Fall River for a minimum of ten hours per week. Duties may include:
- Accounts payable:
compare and match POs, invoices, receiving slips;
enter approved payables in accounting system; process disbursements and maintain relevant files
verify travel documentation and calculate costs for grant allocations
- Maintain files for annual subscriptions to avoid duplication or expiration
- Record bi-weekly payroll and maintain relevant files for accounts payable and billing, including monthly spreadsheets for salary allocation, union dues, and quarterly charitable contributions
- Update and post monthly allocation entries in accounting system
- Reconcile bank accounts; maintain file of cancelled checks in check number order
- Reconcile cash receipts journal to bank statements
- Maintain documentation for time and expense records for grant billing backup.
- Provide assistance with documentation for audit as required
- Overall office support as needed.
Requirements: Experience in MS Word, MS Excel, QuickBooks, bookkeeping -specifically accounts payable and general office practices is preferred. Familiarity with ADP Payroll processing a real plus.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Legal Assistance for Self-Sufficiency
South Coastal Counties Legal Services
P.O. Box 2507
22 Bedford St., 2nd Flr.
Fall River, MA 02722-2507
508-676-5022 Ext. 2019