Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Intern Job Description
Job Description: Interns with the Northwestern Mutual Financial Network have the same opportunities to build their careers as full-time representatives. Supported by our network of specialists, training programs and mentoring opportunities, interns have access to the resources, products and assistance they need to help their clients and build their practices.
Like Financial Representatives, interns strive to understand their clients' goals and visions in order to uncover financial solutions that put them on a path to success. Financial Representative interns are in business for themselves – but they're not alone to uncover financial solutions that put them on a path to success.
Spring and Fall Interns are required to work 15-20 hours per week. Summer interns are required to work full time, or 40 hours per week. All schedules are flexible.
A financial representative intern is invited to all the same weekly and monthly training as a full time financial representative. They are required to come in every week for development training, phoning night and can also schedule individual time with a College Unit Director for help and assistance with case preparation. Our College Unit Director’s serve as a mentor within the program and will also go on client meetings with interns. Interns will also have weekly meetings with our team members to assist them with cases that they have in the process, technology training, or additional product knowledge. Interns will be scheduling appointments with clients for an initial fact finder, or a closing appointment. They are also encouraged to network with individuals that they know so some may attend networking events, or will schedule prospecting meetings with their centers of influence. Prior to the work that they will be doing in the field, all interns are required to attend and additional training at our regional sales academy which will preface the work they will be doing with clients.
What is in it for YOU the student?
- Develop business relationship and networking skills.
- Work for a Fortune 500 company!
- Real world experience – “test-drive” the position, prior to taking it on as a full time career.
- Earn credit for school.
- Get paid – earn weekly development stipends, productivity stipends, bonuses, and commissions!
- Independence – enjoy a very flexible work schedule. We work our training schedule around your schools schedule!
- Obtain your licenses. We pay for your RI, MA, and CT Insurance Producers License.
- Hit a certain milestone in our program, and we will sponsor you for your investment registrations!
- Be a part of an internship that has been ranked as the Top Ten Internship in the country (vault.com) for the last 14 consecutive years!
Interested in applying?
E-mail a resume to Mia Viveiros, Director of Campus Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 401-457-2936 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 401-457-2936 end_of_the_skype_highlighting for more information!