Title: Student Intern
Department: Business Analysis
Reports to: Senior Business Analyst
Positions Reporting to: None
Gain experience in the health insurance field prior to graduating from an accredited college or university. Responsible for assisting the Senior Business Analyst and other members of the Business Analysis team with projects or tasks assigned by the Senior Business Analyst or other members of the department or program. Work 8-12 hours per week for academic credit (unpaid) for one semester.
· Develop business analysis skills.
· Assist with business analysis deliverables, including Discovery Documents, process flow diagrams, Business Requirements Documents, Use Cases, entry and validation of requirements into Quality Center, etc.
· Take minutes for meetings for the Business Analysis team.
· Gain experience using various software tools, such as MS Excel and PowerPoint.
· Participate in interdepartmental workshops or other meetings and gain exposure to other areas of the department and company.
· Contribute ideas for continuous improvement of the functions of the department or program.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Enrolled in a full-time program at an accredited academic institution of higher learning to earn a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Health Administration or related field, or equivalent experience.
Preferred Education, Additional Qualifications and Experience:
· Experience using Lotus Notes mail and databases, Project, PowerPoint, Access, Excel, Word.
· Knowledge of BCBSRI products and lines of business.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
· Knowledge of facets of managed care plans, as well as knowledge of HMO, PPO and indemnity insurance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills
- Strong human relations skills
- Time management skills
- Delivers high quality service to customers.
- Makes decisions based on business objectives.
- Holds people accountable for their commitments and actions.
- Sets and maintains quality standards.
- Changes work activities based on business needs and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and interact with staff across the organization at all levels.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to take initiative in finding solutions to difficult and/or sensitive problems.
- Ability to perform other duties as assigned.