Development and Public Affairs Intern will assist the Director of
Development, Public Affairs & Philanthropy in implementing a full-scale
comprehensive donor-centered development program and communications plan for
, United Methodist Elder Care is an East Providence, Rhode Island
affordable continuum of housing and care serving very-low to moderate income
As the parent organization, United Methodist Elder Care consists of three
separate subsidiary organizations,
Winslow Gardens, Linn Health Care Center
and Arbor Hill, providing a full-complement of services to the low to
moderate income aging throughout
Southeastern Massachusettsand Rhode
Island. In addition, the organization recently started a for-profit
subsidiary, Elder Care Consultants.
* Learn and implement best case practice in organization financial
sustainability and management.
* Learn and implement professional best practices in donor-centered
* Learn how to actively engage and support fund development efforts.
* Learn how to secure financial resources for projects directly
related to emerging issues in healthcare such as Electronic Medical Records.
Learning strategies and activities:
* Learn about best practices though guided research and resources.
* Design and implement a strategic donor centered communications and
editorial calendar both strategic and tactical.
* Effectively create and use communications strategies both online and
offline including developing organizational social media presence, online
e-communications and website review and assisting with organizational
newsletter, annual report development and direct mail.
* Secure organizational financial resources through grant and
foundation research and application, special events, and specialized donor
* Participate in organizational marketing and development meetings
If you are an interested student, send your resume to:
Robin L. Cabral, CFRE
Director of Development, Public Affairs & Philanthropy,