To apply: https://gilbane-building-hr.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.dspjob&jobid=2361&company_id=16244&version=1&jobBoardId=1112&utm_source=jobseeker_emails&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=job_alerts
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
- At Gilbane we’re building more than buildings, we’re helping create schools, hospitals, laboratories and other facilities across the United States and throughout the world that will be helping people live better for decades to come. As a fifth generation family business we’ve built the best team in the industry with a culture of caring that treats every one of our employees as a trusted member of the Gilbane family. We also invest in our employees’ education and have built Gilbane University into the top training organization in the construction industry. If you have the desire to make a real difference in people’s lives and become part of a growing organization that treats you like member of the family – you will feel right at home at Gilbane.
The primary responsibility of the marketing intern position is to support the Global Sales and Marketing Services (NSMS) team on a variety of projects. This fast-paced, team-oriented department is comprised of over 60 professionals who are located in more than 50 offices across the United States. This internship provides the opportunity to work in an award-winning atmosphere; Gilbane is a three-time member of Fortune’s “100 Best Places to Work” list and was recently named to Providence Business News’ “Best Places to Work” list for 2015. There will be opportunities for mentoring and coaching throughout the internship. This position will be based in Gilbane’s Corporate office located in Providence, RI office for the duration of June 15, 2015 to July 24, 2015 – 40 hours per week.
Candidate must currently be enrolled in a College Degree program and must be familiar with desktop publishing programs in the Adobe CS6 Suite (Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, etc.) and Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Powerpoint).
The role requires managing multiple priorities while meeting associated deadlines. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are critical, along with the ability to work independently and as part of a project team.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance with market research and interviewing internal team members for collection of information in support of award submissions, etc.
- Supporting marketing with rebrand project.
- Must be able to work in InDesign
- Transferring information from existing InDesign template to new template in same program.
- Support ongoing Trade show planning and special events for companywide efforts.
- Develop original content, as well as review and edit other marketing content in support of public relations, social media and external communications.
- Internal communications including development of newsletters, announcements, and intranet notifications.
- Miscellaneous administrative support of various department needs.
Gilbane is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Gilbane has an unwavering focus on safety, the environment and caring about everyone involved in our work.Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Gilbane is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.
- Job Location
- Providence, Rhode Island, United States
- Position Type