Sunday, May 17, 2015
Finance Internship - Summer - West Kingston, RI
To apply, click this link: https://schneiderele.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=604860
Gain significant exposure in a dynamic setting with business impact in the Finance fields by assisting managers with developing, maintaining, and providing financial information, plans, and projections. This position engages in accounting activities associated with maintaining accounts and for developing financial statements and reports. The incumbent will maintain the data integrity of computer system used for financial statement preparation.
Responsibilities may include several of the following activities:
1. With direct guidance from manager, provide financial support to business teams, and make them in line with financial policy, group policy and financial process.
2. Prepare, check and review periodic financial reports including monthly financial results, forecasts and account reconciliation.
3. Prepare financial reports and provide ad hoc analysis to business leaders. With guidance from manager, help business team identify target/forecast variance.
4. Participate in monthly, mid-year and annual closing process. Develop ways to expedite closing process.
5. Prepare accurate and timely journal entries to record business transactions of the company. Perform ledger account reconciliations and analysis as assigned.
6. Maintain controls and implement procedures on computer based accounting systems.
7. Gain and maintain knowledge of accounting systems, policies and procedures.
Current enrollment in an Undergraduate Program with at least 2-3 years towards a degree in Finance, Accounting and/or Economics.
Prior internship/work experience in the Finance/Accounting fields preferred.
May also consider undergraduate students in Mathematics, Statistics, IT or Computer Science with strong coursework in Accounting/Finance.
Posted by MPG at 9:26 AM