Spring Internship 2014 - Desktop Support Job
Spring Internship 2014 - Desktop Support
Location: RI - Pawtucket
Employment Type: Intern
Department: Client Computing
Job Duration: Spring Internship
Hours: 15 hours per week
Reporting to the Desktop Supervisor, this position is responsible for the installation and maintenance of personal computers, operating systems, peripherals, and the installation of software packages for the Windows and Macintosh environment.
- Responsible for the installation and maintenance of personal computers, operating systems, peripherals, and the installation of software.
- Provides technical assistance, support, problem determination and resolution, and participates in system user training.
- Participates in inter-departmental IT projects and assists in evaluation of hardware/software vendors.
- Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and judgment.
Skills / Qualifications:
- The qualified candidate will have a minimum of two years of computer experience in a networked environment, experience in installation/maintenance of personal computer hardware and software.
- A minimum of an Associate's Degree and/or equivalent.
- Highly developed problem resolution skills with the ability to handle first-of-a-kind situations, work independently, and interact successfully with clients.
- Must have strong written and oral skills, along with strong customer service skills. Customer Service training is preferred.
- Must be able to work in a process-oriented environment. Being able to prioritize daily tasks and coping with unscheduled tasks is a must.