Spring Internship 2014 -Internal Audit Job
Spring Internship 2014 -Internal Audit
Location: RI - Pawtucket
Employment Type: Intern
- Under the direct supervision of in-charge Senior and Internal Auditors, the Internal Audit Intern provides essential assistance during internal audit activities, contributing to the completion of specific tasks winin the overall scope of the audit project.
- This position reports to the Manager of Internal Audit. During the course of audit engagements, the Internal Audit Intern will generally work under the direction and supervision of a Senior Internal Auditor or Audit Management.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in performance of work on assigned segments of the audit.
- Assist in determining records or activities to analyze, the extent of test to apply with the approved audit program.
- Assist performing the audit in a professional manner in accordance with the approved audit program.
- Assist in obtaining, analyzing and evaluating evidentiary data as a basis for an informed, objective opion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the control system(s) and on the performance efficiency of the activities being reviewed.
- Review transactions, documents, records, reports, and methods for accuracy and effectiveness.
- Prepare acceptable working papers that record and summarize data on the assigned audit segment.
- Participate in preliminary discussions of apparent deficiencies as necessary.
- Assist in developing solutions for routine technical issues arising during the performance of the audit project.
- Must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate Accounting Program
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Must have completed Junior Year
- Excel or PC skills required.
- Solid communication skills a must.