Monday, September 30, 2013
MIS FULL TIME POSITION FOR RECENT GRAD
THIS IS NOT AN INTERNSHIP
IF YOU ARE A RECENT MIS GRAD WITH THESE SKILLS THIS MAY BE OF INTEREST TO YOU! THE COMPANY WANTS A RECENT GRAD
INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Data Center Operations team is looking for a temporary floating Operations Technician. This position will require the person to be flexible with the days/hours they are requested to work. The majority of the hours will be 3rd shift hours with some weekends and holidays. Our Data Center is open and managed 24x7x365.
Some of the technologies we support/use here at Acushnet are:
· Windows 7, Windows XP
· Remote tools: VNC and PCAnywhere
· Lotus Notes email
· Client Access
· Heroix and HP Open Manage monitoring tools
· AS400, PC and MACS
· Cisco Any Connect, VPN
· Various Wireless devices (iPhones, iPads, Blackberry and Androids)
1. Monitor all servers, network devices and applications on the Acushnet network to support the enterprise computing environments. Ensure minimal service interruption by providing proactive problem resolution and interfacing with support personnel in a timely manner.
2. Execute pre-defined operations schedule to ensure that jobs and processes are executed and successfully completed. Verify accurate and successful completion of all jobs. Follow the procedure when jobs and/or processes are unsuccessful.
3. Document, track and report problems using the ticket tracking system. Add updates to the ticket whenever actions are taken.
4. Perform shift transfer duties to ensure smooth processing and efficient use of resources on each shift. Complete shift report and report any issues or anomalies.
5. Provide technical support to associates by responding to phone calls and email requests during evening and weekend hours.
6. Generate output, such as printed reports or .PDF documents, and distribute to the appropriate associate(s). Distribute output, as needed.
7. Communicate to the appropriate associate group(s) any system outage, planned or unplanned.
8. Perform daily, weekly and monthly system backups on the iSeries and the Windows –based servers. Prepare backup schedules and tape media, as needed. Maintain off-site storage of tape media.
9. Prepare operations schedules, to ensure that all batch jobs, server re-boots and other system-related activities are included. Ensure that the schedules are accurate and will run without error.
10. Advise management of any process improvement opportunities or potential problem areas recognized during the course of duty. Participate in projects and special assignments, as needed. Completes preventative maintenance and housekeeping tasks in the Operations Center, whenever necessary. Ensures that department supply levels are maintained.
This person would be required to work through a job agency. Any interested parties should send their resumes to email@example.com.
Posted by MPG at 11:56 AM