Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Marketing Internship (Unpaid) in New Bedford
Are you interested in learning how a nonprofit works?
Want an internship that will utilize your marketing skills while shadowing professionals including the marketing director and the executive director?
Send your resume to: email@example.com
Whaler’s Cove Assisted Living is a 120-apartment building equipped with 24-hour staffing to provide safe and comfortable housing for a senior population. Residents of Whaler’s Cove are encouraged to be as independent as they are able to be and have access to assistance whenever it is needed. Each resident has an individual apartment and service plan to suit their needs. Whaler’s Cove also offers many beautifully appointed common areas for resident and family enjoyment, including a Great Room, Sun Room, Garden Areas, Billiard’s Room, Gym, Auditorium and Dining Room. Whaler’s Cove prides itself on providing quality care to its residents for over 10 years!
What You Can Learn:
This position would help support the Executive Director and Marketing Director with daily tasks such as filing, web design and support, mailings, data entry, etc. This position would also allow the individual to shadow both the Executive Director and Marketing Director throughout the work day to observe different business and marketing techniques. An individual working alongside the staff at Whaler’s Cove will acquire knowledge relating to good business practices, the marketing strategies that are used to target the specific population of the seniors in our area and how to work within a team-centered atmosphere.
· Assist with upkeep of Whaler’s Cove website
· Assist with creation of new marketing materials such as monthly newsletters and flyers for mailing to potential residents
· Assist with data entry and database clean-up
· Assist with filing and organization of press binder, quality assurance binder, resident files
· Shadow during tours of the community and/or resident meetings
· Assist with the monthly marketing plan and outreach efforts in the community
· Learn how to qualify a potential resident for different financial programs in the community
· Perform cold calls, blast mailing or faxing to database
Hours/Salary/Potential for Growth:
The Administrative work week is Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm and Saturday 10:00 am to 2:00 pm (for our weekly Open House). The hours for the position can be flexible in accordance with the school schedule and program requirements. This is an unpaid position, however, does have an opportunity for growth within the company after a successful internship is completed.
Contacts at Whaler’s Cove:
508-997-2880, Ext. 12
508-997-2880, Ext. firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by MPG at 4:42 PM