- Assist with collection of compensation and benefit data from divisions and other departments; consolidate as necessary and prepare report submissions.
- Assist with general ledger account reconciliations.
- Assist in the monthly closing process as needed.
- Create and maintain various financial reporting spreadsheets.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Prepare quarterly and annual government reports
§ Problem Solving – Moderate
§ Level of Decision Making – Minimal
§ Management Duties – Minimal
6. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENT:
Ideal candidate will be sophomore/juniors – seniors should only apply if they will be going to graduate school full time.
We are looking for a student that will be able to commit to long term internship (desired time period is 2+ years).
Successful candidate will be trained to use Lawson general ledger software and Hyperion Financial Management financial reporting software. Candidate will also be exposed to general ledger activity, pensions/health & welfare, compensation & benefits, government accounting, and some SEC reporting based upon the relevant group (Benefits or Government).
Any interested students should submit resumes via the Textron on-line application page
Please include a copy of their resume and a short cover letter.
Comment by Mike Griffin, Internship Director of CCB - We have had several students complete these internships with great feedback and we have alumni working for Textron. I highly recommend this opportunity!