Job Title: Intern-Accounting
Department/Group: Controllers-Financial Reporting
Reports to (title): Manager, Financial Reporting
-This is a paid internship
1. JOB SUMMARY:
Responsible for assisting members of the Controller's department, specifically in the Financial Reporting group, in both daily activities and special projects to learn, understand and gain experience related to external financial reporting. Assist in collection, preparation and submission of various government reports, maintain warehouse filing system and participate in ad hoc projects in the Controller's department.
Position is year-round, part-time (up to 25 hours) during school semesters (flexible schedule) and full-time (up to 40 hours) during breaks.
2. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate collection of government reporting data from divisions;
consolidate as necessary and prepare report submissions.
• Assist with general ledger account reconciliations.
• Assist in the monthly closing process as needed.
• Create and maintain various financial reporting spreadsheets.
• Participate in special projects as needed.
3. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
? Problem Solving – Moderate
? Level of Decision Making – Minimal
? Management Duties – Minimal
4. LOCATION: Textron World Headquarters, 40 Westminster Street,
5. DRESS CODE/ATTIRE: Business casual (no jeans / t-shirts)
6. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENT:
? Education Requirement
Ideal candidate will:
• Be proficient in MS Word
• Be highly proficient in MS Excel
• Have strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Be action-oriented and able to multi-task effectively
• Be a team player
• Be in Sophomore, Junior or Senior year working towards BS in Accounting
Successful candidate will be trained to use Lawson general ledger
software and Hyperion Financial Management financial reporting software.
Successful candidate will be exposed to general ledger activity,
consolidations, government reporting, and SEC reporting.
Please send any resumes/cover letters to NBorges@textron.com.