Finance. Apply online at:
Description Reporting to an Audit Manager, the Audit Intern is an entry-level position within the Corporate Audit Group. The Audit Intern, as part of a team, will conduct financial and operational reviews of Covidien domestic and international operations. The Audit Intern will
interact with financial and operational management personnel across the company and will be exposed to financial and business operations.
This is a three to six month placement for accounting, finance and IT students within 18 months of graduating with a bachelors or masters degree in Accounting, Business, IT or a related field from a qualifying university.
Key Objectives & Responsibilities
- Work with team to carry out the vision and mission of Corporate Audit; to implement a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate risk and controllership.
- Under the direction of Senior Auditor, conduct financial, operational
and compliance audits; with some involvement in forensic audit
- Under the direction of Senior Auditor, review and evaluate the
adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Under the direction of Senior Auditor, review and evaluate compliance
with corporate policies and procedures.
- Under the direction of Senior Auditor, assist in preparation of work
papers to adequately document audit work performed and to support
- Under the direction of Senior Auditor, assist in preparation reports
and audit findings.
- Required travel in-country and internationally of 100%.
- Possess a high energy level and strong work ethic with a commitment to
continuous improvement in a dynamic environment that strives to exceed
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or IT and be
within 18 months of graduation at the time of applying; candidates
pursing higher degrees are also encouraged to apply
- Prefer one to three years related work/internship experience.
- Interact well with different people and able to work in a
- Possess excellent written and oral communications skills.
- In most cases possess multi-lingual language skills.
- Must have strong analytical skills.