Here's more information. Please send resumes to the email address noted
near the bottom of this message.
The Dartmouth Education Foundation (DEF) was founded in 2007 by a group of parents and citizens in Dartmouth concerned with the consequences of decreased public funding on the quality of education in the town's public schools. The DEF has been formed to ensure enhanced and enriched education opportunities for students in the Town of Dartmouth. Adequate resources are essential to a school's ability to provide high quality and stimulating programs to our children. The DEF's goal is to provide resources to help ensure that each student receives an
exceptional and empowering experience in the public school system, thus broadening the children's learning capacity.
The DEF will also serve as an important bridge between the Dartmouth
Public Schools and the members of the community it serves.
• Within the community, it will foster a sense of pride and ownership of
the Dartmouth Public School
• Within the schools, it will engender the excitement and enthusiasm
that comes from the knowledge that innovative thinking; good ideas and
thoughtful experimentation are capable of realization and valued by the
Our mission is to develop a significant fund that can generate private
resources to augment the public effort in the school district. In
addition, the fund will be endowed so that resources to augment the
public effort in the school district. In addition, the fund will be
endowed so that resources will be available in perpetuity to encourage
Overview of the internship objectives:
Intern will work closely with Marketing Committee chair and Board chair
to support the Mission of the DEF as it works to raise funds to enhance
the educational experience of the students in the Dartmouth Public
Primary duties and responsibilities:
1. Develop donor contact database for membership outreach campaign
2. Press Release Writing
3. Assist in website redesign/editing
4. Assist in administrative duties (dispense grant applications, prepare
board minutes & agendas, etc.)
5. Assist in the creation of or email communication system
6. Assist as we implement our first membership campaign
What will the student learn from this experience?
• The student will improve their writing skills as I will review and
edit every piece they write and go over the edits with them.
• Web design/editing
• Email Communication using Constant Contact email program
• How to develop a membership campaign and implement
None, sorry we are a non-profit.
Academic preparation of the student required (graduate, senior, junior,
courses taken, GPA, etc.):
Junior with at least a 2.5 GPA or better
1. Writing and Communication
2. Reliability and Dependability
3. Computer (Excel & Word, some database, graphic design and/or web
design a plus but not necessary)
4. Willingness to follow guidance
5. Enthusiasm for the experience
6. Ability to work well with others
Hours of work:
Start and end dates:
As soon as possible – end of semester
Liz Olimpio, DEF Marketing Committee Chair
To whom should students send resume/application and how?