Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Free iBooks

Within the next two weeks, I will be blogging and tweeting (and emailing) about a very interesting promotion that a major publisher will be offering. A multitude of valuable est prep guides, study aids, and related titles that would normally cost hundreds of dollars will be free on the iBookstore. Students can enjoy these titles on their iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch device with the iBooks app. There will be some business related books and many nonbusiness related ones. If you have friends who have Apple mobile devices, let them know about this.

One of my books from the business world will be available but many other titles that might be of intereste to literally millions of college and professional people. So watch my blog, email and tweets about this interesting development. These are legitimate and very useful books from a well known and respected publisher. The publisher is teaming with Apple in hopes that these free books might trigger some reading habits on mobile devices and lead to future sales of both the digital and paper versions of the publishers text. My particular book is one of the top selling iBooks from this publisher and so I am taking a chance of cannibalizing my sales during this one week promotion. But I don;t think I can lose especially if it gets my book and my name out to thousands of business students.

I am hoping that readers of my blogs and tweets will help this go viral. Please let your friends and colleagues know about this opportunity.