Accounting and Finance majors:
Here is an announcement for an excellent opportunity for an accounting major (preferably) or finance major with Textron, a major corporation with headquarters in Providence, RI. We have some UMD grads working in this area for Textron and they have been instrumental in getting UMD students placed into this same position in the past. I have had very positive feedback on this position. My undertsanding is that the current intern will be leaving the position in May 2009 and Textron would like a replacement soon so that training can happen. Interested candidtates should send a cover letter and resume to: resumes to
This is a paid position in Providence, RI.
TEXTRON ACCOUNTING INTERNSHIP
Job Title: Intern-Accounting
Department/Group: Controllers-Financial Reporting
Reports to (title): Manager, Financial Reporting
1. JOB SUMMARY:
Responsible for assisting members of the Controller's department, specifically in the Financial Reporting group, in both daily activities and special projects to learn, understand and gain experience related to external financial reporting. Assist in collection, preparation and submission of various government reports, maintain warehouse filing system and participate in ad hoc projects in the Controller's department.
Position is year-round, part-time (up to 25 hours) during school semesters (flexible schedule) and full-time (up to 40 hours) during breaks. Possibility for occasional weekend work or overtime on an infrequent basis.
2. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate collection of government reporting data from divisions; consolidate as necessary and prepare report submissions.
• Assist with general ledger account reconciliations.
• Assist in the monthly closing process as needed.
• Create and maintain various financial reporting spreadsheets.
• Coordinate distribution of FMN DVD's throughout organization.
• Participate in special projects as needed.
3. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
? Problem Solving – Moderate
? Level of Decision Making – Minimal
? Management Duties – Minimal
4. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENT:
? Education Requirement
Specialized Training or Background:
Ideal candidate will:
• Be proficient in MS Word
• Be highly proficient in MS Excel
• Have strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Be action-oriented and able to multi-task effectively
• Be a team player
• Be in Sophomore, Junior or Senior year working towards BS in Accounting
Successful candidate will be trained to use Lawson general ledger software and Hyperion Financial Management financial reporting software.
Successful candidate will be exposed to general ledger activity, consolidations, government reporting, and SEC reporting.
Please contact Joseph Horton, HR Representative, at (401) 752-5122 or
send any resumes to JHorton@textronfinancial.com.