Here's some information on GEICO's summer internship program. I don't know where these assignments are located. I suggest you follow-up with the contact listed in the email if you want more information of want to apply. It seems like this is a highly rated internship and would appeal to a variety of majors. GEICO is a company that is highly touted by Warren Buffett's Berkhire Hathaway investment company.
Are you ready to gain real, hands-on business experience? Do you want to intern for a well-known, growing industry leader?
There is no better place to look than GEICOs Summer Internship Program! As GEICO continues to grow, we need exceptional college students like you to ensure our continued success. This program provides you with a broad understanding of our ever-changing industry. You will receive leadership and personal development, interact with executive management and our friendly associates, and most importantly, you will work on special projects that help us make significant business decisions and impact our bottom line.
In 2008, GEICO was named a Top Intern Employer by CollegeGrad.com! That is because during our 8-10 week paid summer internship program, you will gain first-hand knowledge of our dynamic industry, work on real business projects, and have opportunities to network with senior management.
As an intern, you will receive mentoring to help you grow personally and professionally, and take part in several group projects. These assignments could include:
- Researching insurance industry trends
- Analyzing current business procedures
- Proposing new strategies for growing and retaining our business
- Developing marketing plans
- Conducting competitive analyses
When the program is finished, not only will you have an understanding of what it takes to be successful in a multi-billion dollar corporation, but your project results will be seriously considered and potentially implemented.
We appreciate the fresh perspectives, innovative ideas and creative solutions that our interns offer. Through this program, you will develop presentation skills, leadership abilities, interpersonal skills, and business acumen. Our interns may be considered for future, full-time
career opportunities in actuary, product management, underwriting, IT, sales, customer service, claims or in one of our management development programs.
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree and possess junior or senior status;
- At least a 3.2 overall current undergraduate GPA;
- Have taken a variety of business courses;
- Very good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- High level of dependability;
- Demonstrated leadership potential;
- Strong understanding of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Paid Internship Info:
How to Apply:
Apply Today! Our summer internship program is offered at select offices and application deadlines vary by location. For details please visit www.geico.jobs/internships
To apply send your resume to
National College Recruiter
Fax: (206) 508-9021