Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island is looking to hire a human resource management intern. This is a paid position (if you are not seeking credit) and I believe it is located in Providence, RI. Here's additional information from the job posting.
Responsible for completing a variety of analytical and administrative tasks in support of the HR Operations area.
• Assist employment, benefits, compensation and compliance personnel with administrative projects, including preparation of surveys, responses to requests for information, governmental reporting and internal department procedure or data audits.
• Draft letters, memoranda, and policy statements.
• Complete special projects, tasks, and assignments under general direction.
• Communicate, verbally and in writing, with employees, supervisors, managers, job applicants, and representatives of other organizations; collect and provide information; interpret policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
• Collect, record, analyze and evaluate data and information; develop conclusions and recommendations; collect information through interviews
and other sources including records, reports and surveys.
• Interpret and explain applicable state and federal regulations as they pertain to Human Resources administration.
• Conducts research on Human Resources policies and practices and participate in surveys to compete in local and national markets. Analyze data to assist in determining competitive trends by utilizing human resources system.
Bachelor's Degree or matriculating status from four-year college or university in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Management, or related field.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, and Word is required. General computer proficiency is required.
Knowledge of general mathematical principles, including ratios and percentages.
Computer, typing, keyboard, and Internet skills are essential.
Ability to work independently.
Ability to collect, analyze, and organize large amounts of data.
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Good presentation skills with the ability to interact effectively with a diverse employee population.
Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to interpret technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE PREFERRED
• Highly motivated.
• Professional speech and demeanor.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Works in typical office environment.
• Moderate noise levels may affect ability to concentrate.
• Handling and being exposed to confidential information.
• Directing, motivating, training, coaching, and disciplining staff in a
• Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
• Frequent sitting, standing, and walking.
• Frequent talking and listening.
• Frequent walking to other buildings for presentations and meetings.
• Close vision and ability to adjust focus to read and view computer screen.
• Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 20 pounds without assistance.
This opportunity has come our way through an alumnus of CCB at UMD. She
recommends that interested parties apply online at: www.bcbsri.org