Here is some information about an internship at Textron in Providence, RI. This is a large corporation with headquarters in Providence. This is an outstanding opportunity. We have had several UMD students complete this internship and some are still working at Textron full-time.
Job Title: Intern-Accounting
Department/Group: Controllers-Financial Reporting
Reports to (title): Manager, Financial Reporting
-This is a paid internship
1. JOB SUMMARY:
Responsible for assisting members of the Controller's department, specifically in the Financial Reporting group, in both daily activities and special projects to learn, understand and gain experience related to external financial reporting. Assist in collection, preparation and submission of various government reports, maintain warehouse filing system and participate in ad hoc projects in the Controller's department.
Position is year-round, part-time (up to 25 hours) during school semesters (flexible schedule) and full-time (up to 40 hours) during breaks. Possibility for occasional weekend work or overtime on an infrequent basis.
2. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate collection of government reporting data from divisions; consolidate as necessary and prepare report submissions.
• Assist with general ledger account reconciliations.
• Assist in the monthly closing process as needed.
• Create and maintain various financial reporting spreadsheets.
• Coordinate distribution of FMN DVD's throughout organization.
• Participate in special projects as needed.
LOCATION: Textron World Headquarters, 40 Westminster Street, Providence, RI
DRESS CODE/ATTIRE: Business casual (no jeans / t-shirts)
Preferred sophomore or junior year (or a senior who will be pursuing grad degree)Majors: accounting, finance, or business administration but should have strong accounting skills.
Ideal candidate will:
• Be proficient in MS Word
• Be highly proficient in MS Excel
• Have strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Be action-oriented and able to multi-task effectively
• Be a team player
• Be in Sophomore, Junior or Senior year working towards BS in Accounting
Successful candidate will be trained to use Lawson general ledger software and Hyperion Financial Management financial reporting software.
Successful candidate will be exposed to general ledger activity, consolidations, government reporting, and SEC reporting.
Please send any resumes/cover letters to NBorges@textron.com.