KLR, the largest regional CPA based in Providence, RI is expecting to recruit 3-5 additional accounting interns for the fall of 2009. Ideally, they would be looking for students entering their Senior or Junior Year next fall, with a planned graduation date of June 2011, or 2012. They will also consider 2010 accounting students graduating in 2010.
Students could intern and work as follows:
Spring / Summer / Fall - 2010 / If interested
Potential for FT employment in any firm office to begin after graduation
Here is more information.
Firm: Kahn, Litwin, Renza & Co., Ltd.
Contact: Steven Loffredo, HR Manager
Location # 1: 951 North Main Street, Providence, RI 02904
Location # 2: 97 John Clarke Road, Middletown, RI 02842
Location # 3: 3 Tech Circle, Natick, MA 01760
Position Title: A&A Intern
Dress Code: Business Professional/Business Casual
Compensation: $14 per hour (subject to future market adjustment)
Semester: Fall 2009 (September)
Minimum GPA: 3.0
Hours Worked: 12-16 hrs per week
Supervisor: Henry A. Silva, CPA, Partner,
Director of Accounting and Audit
Kahn, Litwin, Renza & Co., Ltd. (KLR) is a proven leader in the accounting profession. Our Firm is comprised of over 150 team members serving a diverse client base from three offices, Providence, RI, Newport, RI and Natick, MA. KLR serves public and privately held clients throughout the United States. We offer a wide array of corporate and individual financial advisory services that will help you gain real business experience as you grow within the accounting profession.
An intern generally works for a period of up to four months and participates in various accounting and auditing engagements and tax assignments under the supervision and guidance of firm personnel. The intern develops a basic understanding of public accounting and the firm.
• Must be enrolled in a degree program with major field of study in
• Junior or Senior level standing.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge of accounting theory and principles with practical
application. Basic knowledge of work paper format.
• Proficient in Excel and Word.
Personal and Professional Responsibilities:
• Assist professional staff members with gathering information for
reports and tax returns.
• Become familiar with the firm's computer technology, with actual
• Develop an understanding of public accounting and the firm.
• Participate in monthly firm meetings.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Work effectively with all others in the firm.
Please submit cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to Steven
Loffredo at sloffredo@KahnLitwin.com
Interviews will be conducted on campus on March 31. Please send your
resume to Steve Loffredo by March 13th.