Textron - Providence, RI
Responsibilities: · Assist with the preparation of Textron’s quarterly/annual SEC filings, including responsibility for certain footnote disclosures and other supporting analyses.
· Assist with the management and organization of the quarterly/annual reporting deliverables and supporting workpapers.
· Preparation of the quarterly reporting packages and correspondence to the Business Units.
· Assist with the quarterly EDGAR and XBRL tagging/proofing process.
· Responsible for preparation and monitoring of quarterly management representation/certification letters.
· Responsible for monitoring and compiling peer company disclosures and SEC comment letters for management review.
· Responsible for preparation and periodic updates of the internal controls documentation for the Financial Reporting process.
· Assist with technical accounting and SEC reporting research.
· Special/ad-hoc projects as needed.
Skills/Competencies: · Strong organization skills with the ability to work in a detailed, organized manner under tight deadlines
· Able to prepare written communications that articulate messages concisely and accurately
· Self-motivated and self-directed individual with a strong work ethic
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
Education/Experience: · Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
· Internships with accounting experience
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Field : Finance/Accounting
Primary Location : US-Rhode Island-Providence
Recruiting Company : Textron Inc.
Schedule : Full-time
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : First Shift
Job Posting : 04/29/2015, 3:46:56 PM
To apply: follow this link: https://textron.taleo.net/careersection/textron/jobdetail.ftl?job=235779&lang=en&src=JB-10146