Monday, December 2, 2013
Tax Return Prep/VITA Intern - Spring 2014 Semester
Job Title: Business Internship for Credit: Volunteer in Tax Assistance (VITA)
Purpose: The VITA intern at the Community Economic Development Center will support the VITA Site coordinator and VITA volunteers to maintain an efficient and accurate VITA Site.
Location: The CEDC office at 1285 Acushnet Ave. in New Bedford.
1. VITA interns will help manage the Quality Review process to ensure accurate tax return filing
2. Work with VITA volunteers to provide information answer tax questions
3. Work with the VITA Site coordinator to file and electronically transmit tax returns in a timely manner.
4. Troubleshoot and correct electronic filing errors or contact tax filers for missing information
5. Qualify for Intermediate level or beyond in the Link and Learn Training Materials
6. Supervise VITA Volunteers during tax filing hours and at off-site Tax Preparation events
Volunteer will report to: VITA Site Coordinator
Length of Commitment: Spring Semester
Time Commitment: 135 hours over spring semester. Mostly completed between January and April 15th about 13 hrs/ week.
Qualifications: Eligible Candidates for the VITA internship must have good communication skills, details oriented, work well under pressure, be reliable, and work well in team environments. Preferred candidates are Accounting Majors with prior VITA experience, Spanish and/ or Portuguese language skills, access to a vehicle.
Organizational Support: Interns will be IRS-certified Link and Learn Training system to learn new tax law , accurate tax preparation and Quality Review Process. Interns will receive direct supervision from VITA Site Coordinator and the Executive Director at the CEDC. Updates to procedures and new law will be posted as needed.
Please send resumes and cover letters by December 9th at 10:00 AM and interviews will be held on December 10th for more information email Brian Pastori at email@example.com or call 508-979-4684
Posted by MPG at 5:49 PM