For students (any business major) that are interested in working in the financial services industry, Northwestern Mutual Financial Life is interested in taking on UMD student interns this summer with the possibility of keeping students on in the fall semester. Below is the invitation for information sessions.
The following sessions are for students interested in a summer and/or fall 2009 internship!
Friday, May 8th @ 2 pm
Tuesday, May 12th @ 1pm
Wednesday, May 13th @ 1pm
Tuesday, May 26th @ 11:30 a.m.
Thursday, May 28th @ 9:30 a.m.
Where: Northwestern Mutual Financial Network
275 Promenade Street – Suite# 300, Providence, RI 02908
* Our internship has been labeled top 10 in the country by Vault.com for the past 13 years
* Our interns receive their state insurance license and have the opportunity to sit for their investment license as well.
* Our internships can be completed for credit or not.
* Our interns are paid through commission earned from your clients.
You could also be eligible for a stipend as well, depending on when you enter the program.
* Very flexible hours to work around your existing schedule.
* 1/3 of our interns will go full time upon graduation due to the real world experience that they have gained while in our
* ¼ of our management team has come from our internship program.
* We are located directly behind the Providence Place Mall and are in one of The Foundry buildings.
* There are designated Visitor parking spots towards the front entrance of the building. If there are none available, there are ample parking spots directly behind the building which can be accessed by a small street directly after our main entrance.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in attending this internship informational session, you must RSVP to Mia Viveiros at email@example.com or by calling her direct line at 401-457-2936. Please e-mail Mia an updated resume prior to the info
I have also put some additional information about the NMFN internship program on my new internship blog - InternshipYak